Why you should watch Minimalism
This documentary about Minimalism will give you a solid understanding of the concept. It will help you to understand the negative effects on your personal life and mental health that consumerism can have. The documentary provides practical tips and strategies for living a more intentional and fulfilling life with less stuff, while also highlighting the environmental benefits of consuming less.
After watching the documentary, we've tried to implement the 30-day rule into our lives. This rule involves waiting for 30 days before making a non-essential purchase to ensure that it is a well-considered decision, rather than an impulse buy. In general we do agree that less clutter in life, should leave to a less cluttered and happier mindset!
From the perspective of Honest Basics we can be very helpful to build-up your minimalist wardrobe. Our basics will last you a long time, not go out style and are easy to combine with different outfits. Perfect for your capsule, minimalist wardrobe.
Summary and essential take-aways:
"Minimalism: A Documentary About the Important Things" is a film that explores the concept of minimalism and how it can lead to a happier and more fulfilling life. The film follows Joshua Fields Millburn and Ryan Nicodemus, two friends who left their high-paying corporate jobs to pursue a more meaningful life with less stuff. The documentary also features interviews with experts in psychology, economics, and environmental sustainability.
The main take-aways are:
- The pursuit of material possessions does not necessarily lead to happiness.
- Minimalism is not about deprivation, but rather about being intentional and mindful about what we consume.
- Minimalism can help reduce our impact on the environment.
- Our possessions do not define us and we should focus on experiences and relationships instead.
- Minimalism is a journey, not a destination.